What to pack for safari is the other important question that runs through your mind.
After months of planning and gathering all the necessary information about your dream safari, you will want to know what is essential to have in your luggage.
Worry no more we are here to help you get all the necessary gear and gadgets to make your safari smooth and easy.
Where possible we advise that you have your luggage at a minimum of 15kgs due to space and weight. However, in case of excess baggage, you may have 2 separate bags where the excesses can be left in our office.
As of August 2017, Kenya banned the carrying of plastic bags and therefore we recommend using woolen bags which can be easily purchased at shopping outlets anywhere within the
You are advised that you have the following documents with you;
- Health card (Vaccination Certificate).
- Airline ticket/E-ticket.
- Cash – you might need some local products; therefore having some local
currency will be necessary. This can be changed at the airport/hotel or the bureau.
- Credit card.
- Depending on the location and weather of the destination, we shall recommend what to
carry. October, November, December, January, February, March, and July are cold seasons, the
rest are warm seasons.
- Game drives also may start early morning and the weather is usually cold we advise you have a
- On safari, dull colors are best advised for game drives as they camouflage well with nature
colored are recommended for the coast.
- Safari boots/Trainer shoes
- Safari Hat
- Jacket / Windbreaker / Fleece for the very chilly early morning and evening game drives
- Khaki trousers/shorts, a shirt ( 1 long-sleeve shirt) for your game drive, and a t-shirt.
1 pair of casual trousers (men) and an evening outfit (women) – for an evening in the city
3. Toiletries & Medicine
- Prescription drugs (also bring the generic names for these drugs, good idea to pack 2
- Motion sickness pills
- Malaria prophylaxis (Malaria Preventive drugs)
- Insect repellent (containing DEET for mosquitos)
- Sun Screen (SPF 15 or higher)
- Eye drops (for contact lens users because of dust/Alternatively, you can have a pair of sunglasses)
- Lip Balm
- Shampoo / Conditioner (carry your preferred brand otherwise shampoo is provided by most hotels, and camps)
- Toothpaste / Toothbrush
- Hair Brush / Comb
- Electric / Hand Razor
- Hand Lotion
- Feminine Hygiene Supplies
- Wear sunscreens and cover up during the hottest time of day – between 11 am and 3p
4. Other Gadgets
- Money pouch or belt
- A pair of batteries for your gadgets
- Converter plug set if needed (the electricity supply is 240 Volt, 50 Hz). Sockets are
usually, 3 pins and are of the square variety.
- Prescribed glasses and a spare pair